Incightful Transitions Curriculum Pilot 3.0 is built on the foundation of engagement, adaptability, state standards, common core and ease-of-use. The lessons are hosted online with individual teacher logins and are divided into four sections that prepare students with the essential skills for life after high school: Education Lessons, Employment Lessons, Independence Lessons and Spotlight Lessons.
Each lesson contains all of the necessary components to facilitate student success in the classroom – including complete lesson plans, informational graphics, online modules, interactive online student activities, leveled and differentiated worksheet activities and student assessments.
Education Lesson 3: Self advocacy- Accommodations:
Parts of this lesson:
- Introduction (Students engage with a prompt)
- Video (Online)
- Online activity (Individual, pairs, or group)
- Group worksheet activity (Leveled)
- Closing group activity (Practice)
- Student Assessment (Printed or online)
Level 1 Student expectations:
- Students will independently identify accommodations in high school.
- Students will participate in group discussions about requesting accommodations and communicate information learned.
- Students will independently make and practice a new accommodation request.
Level 2 Student Expectations:
- Students will select accommodations from choices given.
- Students will participate in group discussions with support.
- Students will complete activities with support.