May 11, 2017
Portland State University – Smith Memorial Student Union
September, 20, 2017
Lane Community College Center for Meeting & Learning
February 15, 2017
Winema Event Center
Meet Business is an event that brings together representatives from a specific industry, such as health care, natural resources, government, manufacturing, technology, etc., to educate job seekers about that particular industry and the types of jobs within the industry. These events last about three hours; there are presentations from the employers during the first 45 to 60 minutes, followed by two hours of networking for you to speak with employers one-on-one about opportunities they may have for you at their company.
Live Resume is an opportunity for you to become more than a piece of paper to employers. You will give a three minute verbal presentation on your experiences and credentials in person to an audience of recruiters with a group of about 20 other job seekers. Incight staff will help you prepare your resume and presentation during a practice session before the event. After all of the candidates have presented, there is a forty-five minute networking session so you can speak to any of the employers in the room who you think you may be interested in working with.
Participating in Live Resume is a 3-Step Process:
1. Interested job seekers submit their resume and set up a pre-screening one-on-one interview with Incight staff where they share their skills, discuss their experience, and get feedback on their resume.
2. Selected candidates participate in a two-hour group practice session where they present their three minute elevator pitch to other participants and Incight staff for feedback.
3. The Live Resume event takes place in a large conference room with all candidates and approximately 20 employers. Each job seeker has up to three minutes to present their skills and experience. After the presentations, candidates have the opportunity to meet and talk with employers one-on-one.
By participating in Live Resume, you will gain resume feedback, presentation practice, and the opportunity to meet 15 to 20 employers.
HOW TO APPLY WORKSHOPS For CITY OF PORTLAND Jobs
Incight partners with a variety of employers to offer informal workshops on how to successfully apply for jobs within each organization. All job seekers with disabilities as well as support staff are invited to attend.
• Learn how to find jobs that fit your skills and qualifications
• Find out how to complete your applicant profile and learn about the different steps of the hiring process
• Get tips on creating a strong application and make sure your application doesn’t get rejected
• Have your questions answered
These events are FREE to attend, but pre-registration is required. If you require accommodation, just ask! Just like with all of our events, we are happy to provide accommodation to anyone who can give us at least a few days’ notice. For upcoming events, please check our calendar.
Join us on a journey of self-discovery and for workshops on practical job seeking skills such as resume writing, the basics of a job search, networking, when and how to disclose your disability, and a variety of other topics. This offering is an amazing opportunity for any job seeker with disabilities to finesse their job search and discover what may be holding you back.
Curious About Live Resume?
Check out a preview and see what job seekers and employers say about the event in this video produced by Incight Multimedia Coordinator Rob Thompson.Watch Now
Networking opens the door to so many opportunities!
It is the most important thing you can do for your job search. Check out Traben's advice in this video created for Night for Networking V.Watch Now
Why Employers Go To Job Fairs and You Should Too
Invaluable advice to job seekers on getting the most out of opportunities to meet employers at job fairs.Learn More